Mar 26, 2023
Return to: College of Business
Management Curriculum (BS)
Designed for the student who desires training in general business management, the Business Management concentration allows a student to take courses from a broad array of management topics, including human resource management, leadership, negotiations, and industrial management. The Entrepreneurship concentration prepares a student to own his or her own business, through coursework in small business management, new venture research, and business plan development. The Human Resource Management concentration focuses on personnel issues such as employment law, compensation, and staffing.
Graduates of this program often seek management trainee positions with established firms or governmental bodies. Others use their training to become entrepreneurs and start their own businesses.
Management Program Objectives
- Students will be able to assess current organizational and environmental realities and to anticipate future challenges and opportunities in order to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Students will understand organizational structure and process, be able to facilitate the development of a strategic perspective, be able to manage the processes of an existing enterprise, and to design the processes and structures needed for a new enterprise.
- Students will be able to work in a culturally diverse environment and to manage contemporary organizations effectively.
A grade of “C” or better must be earned in all management courses.
- COMM 101: Principles of Communication Studies 3 Semester Credit Hours
- Select two Humanities (GER) courses from the following disciplines: Literature, Foreign Languages, History, Classical Studies, Communications, Philosophy, Religious Studies, or Interdisciplinary. NOTE: some of these subject matter disciplines may not be offered at Louisiana Tech University. 6 Semester Credit Hours
Natural Sciences (GER)
- Select one Biology (BISC) class (3 semester hours) AND
- Select one Physical Science class (3 semester hours)
- Select two Physical Science classes (6 semester hours) - must be in same discipline
NOTE: Physical Science courses from the following disciplines: Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Astronomy, or Meterology (some of these subject matter disciplines may not be offered at Louisiana Tech University.)
Social/Behavioral Sciences (GER)
- Electives 3 Semester Credit Hours
- Electives 2 Semester Credit Hours
- BUSN 495: Business Administration Capstone 3 Semester Credit Hours
- Concentration Courses** 12 Semester Credit Hours
- College of Business Electives* 6 Semester Credit Hours
- International Business Elective (IER)*** 3 Semester Credit Hours
- Electives 6 Semester Credit Hours
Total Semester Hours 120
*College of Business Electives are chosen by the student in consultation with the faculty advisor. Business Electives must be 300- or 400-level business courses.
***(IER): International Education Requirement: ACCT 485 , CIS 485 , ECON 485 , FINC 485 , MGMT 485 , or MKTG 485 .
Concentration areas offered
** Concentration courses chosen by the student in consultation with an advisor from one of the following concentrations:
Return to: College of Business