- ONLY continuing Louisiana Tech University students (those enrolled in current active term) are eligible to participate in Early Registration. See the ACADEMIC CALENDAR for official registration dates. New students admitted as Visiting (UG) or Transient (G) students – see below.
- New Freshmen, New Transfer Students (Undergraduates) and New Graduate Students, admitted to begin the upcoming term, are eligible to complete Advising/Registration/Tuition & Fee Payment during the General Registration period (see ACADEMIC CALENDAR for dates). New students should contact their department/academic program advisor to initiate and complete the advising (Plan of Study development) process (to include updating their Registration Access Code).
- New Freshmen and Transfer students (Undergraduates) admiited to begin for a Fall term will register during one of the Orientation sessions during the Summer. New students should contact Undergraduate Admissions (1-800-LATECH) or online at URL https://www.latech.edu/admitted-students/orientation/ as soon as possible after being admitted to sign up for one of the Summer Orientation sessions.
- New Graduate students admitted for the upcoming term will be eligible to complete Advising/Registration/Tuition & Fee Payment during the General Registration period which opens on the beginning date of the applicable term (see ACADEMIC CALENDAR for dates). Graduate students should contact their department/academic program advisor to initiate and complete the advising (Plan of Study development) process (to include updating their Registration Access Code).
- All returning TECH students who have been out of class one or more quarters (excluding Summer) must be readmitted and advised before they will be able to use BOSS Web Registration (advisors must update Registration Access Codes). They will also need new TECH ID cards.
EARLY REGISTRATION PRIORITIES (SEE ACADEMIC CALENDAR FOR ACTUAL DATES PER TERM)
9:00 AM: Veterans, Seniors ≥ 110 semester hours
2:00 PM: Honors Students, Grad Students, & Eligible Athletes
9:00 AM: Seniors ≥ 100 semester hours
2:00 PM: Seniors ≥ 90 semester hours
9:00 AM: Juniors ≥ 80 semester hours
2:00 PM: Juniors ≥ 71 semester hours
9:00 AM: Juniors ≥ 60 semester hours
9:00 AM: Sophomores ≥ 49 semester hours
2:00 PM: Sophomores ≥ 41 semester hours
9:00 AM: Sophomores ≥ 30 semester hours
9:00 AM: Freshmen ≥ 13 semester hours
2:00 PM: Freshmen ≥ 9 semester hours
9:00 AM: Freshmen ≥ 1 semester hour
All students can register the first day of the term.
BOSS Web Registration (menu option “Drop and Add Classes”) will be deactivated at 5:00 p.m. on the last day of Late Registration and Drop/Add (end of third day of classes). BOSS Web Registration (menu option “Drop and Add Classes”) remains “live” for eligible students through the end of the Late Registration (“no-grade” Drop/Add) period each quarter. After Drop/Add is deactivated, all Drop “W” actions must take place by submitting a Drop/Add Form, signed by the student’s advisor, to the University Registrar’s Office for processing. Students attempting to drop all of their classes (resign) must do so through the University Registrar’s Office.